Math Instructor Application
Do you remember your favorite teacher—the one who inspired you and went above and beyond to help you achieve your goals? What impact did they have on your life? Do you aspire to pay it forward? Where other test prep companies simply hire part-time tutors looking for a side gig, our college prep institution hires full-time instructors looking to grow their career in a start-up environment. Our instructors are not cogs in a machine, but a group of diverse individuals who take it upon themselves to mold their own work environment.
We look for candidates who are fun and energetic self-starters, who have a passion for teaching and who find enjoyment in seeing their students learn.
A good candidate is a self-effacing team player, has a growth mindset, and shares Vanguard’s vision and mission to revolutionize the college prep landscape.
So if you love teaching, want to be a part of something greater than yourself, and think you can contribute to Vanguard’s rapid growth, then apply to join our diverse team!
- This is a full-time Math Instructor I position for an elite after-school college prep institution.
- Will instruct small groups of students in their math core skills to promote long-term understanding of topics, and top scores in their college readiness exams (ACT & SAT). Great instructors will show practical, real world examples of math topics to inspire a love for learning.
- Instructors will also spearhead the development and creative execution of ever-evolving lesson plans and curriculum, because they understand that there is always a better way to teach.
- Track student progress to be their personal coach and mentor, in reviewing how they can improve, so that they feel personally connected to their learning.
- Log lesson descriptions into our online platform for lesson continuity and quality.
- Maintain and update student lesson schedules using the Vanguard Calendar platform.
- Mentor middle and high school students with empathy, as great instructors will understand that college acceptance is becoming ever more competitive and stressful.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or near graduation) in a STEM major required.
- GPA 3.5 or higher
- Mastery of the following Subjects:
- Algebra I & II
- Mastery of SAT & ACT Math
- Strong verbal skills and mastery of the English language is a MUST
- Teaching experience in math (1+ years) required
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, G-Suites
Competitive compensation structure with health benefits, long term room for growth, paid time off and sick days.
About Vanguard College Prep:
We are a startup college preparatory company based in Lewisville, TX. Our young, energetic staff strive to bridge the gap between high school and college life. From test prep to college counseling and career counseling, we pride ourselves to be the one-stop-shop for college prep needs!
Our Mission: To teach, mentor, and guide our students by revolutionizing college prep culture through customized, small classes, thorough college planning, and innovative technologies. Recognizing that quality is paramount, we have enlisted and mobilized a team of highly specialized instructors and counselors from top-tier universities to help students achieve academic excellence.
Our Beliefs: We believe that test prep for college admissions starts at the foundation. We do not teach “tricks” or “how to beat the test strategies,” but use an organic approach. We believe that teaching our students how to learn is the basis for a prosperous academic and work career.
Company Culture: We are on the forefront of revolutionizing after-school college prep and want someone with just as much enthusiasm for teaching as we have. Our culture at Vanguard is that of a start-up. Vanguardians learn and grow rapidly in their careers because they want to take on additional responsibility. Vanguardians believe that within a high performing organization, there is always one more thing they can do. Although we are small, we have big ambitions—to create an enabling environment for both our students and staff to not just learn but develop their academic and professional careers, respectively.