Vanguard College Prep is looking for a fun and energeticself-starters, who is well organized, detail oriented and can work in a fastpace environment to be an Administrative and Personal Assistant.
Vanguard was founded by recent college grads who saw adisconnect between high school students and successful college students—we aimto bridge that gap. We are on the forefront of revolutionizing afterschooltutoring in the college prep arena and want someone with just as muchenthusiasm for teaching as we have. Our culture at Vanguard is that of astart-up; although we are small, we have big ambitions—to create an enablingenvironment for students to not just learn but develop their academic careers.
A good candidate is flexible, results-oriented, and one whowill grow with our company.
- Ensures office is organized and runs smoothly.
- Responsible for all incoming calls – if new client, existing client, or taking messages.
- Assists in developing relations with existing clients.
- Proctors tests for students.
- Reports all staff, client, vendor and sub-contractor issues to Directors.
- Develops, implements, follows and perfects office systems and procedures.
- Responsible for operation and maintenance office equipment and inventory of office supplies.
- Read & answer all work-related emails.
- Answer all phone calls and direct callers to appropriate contact.
- Maintains and manages company calendar/appointments/client schedules.
- Schedule any appointments for Directors.
- Organizes and composes office correspondence, documents and other reports.
- Supports sales and production.
- Maintain a list of office supplies to reorder or refill (toner, copy paper, whiteout, pens, etc.) and order supplies accordingly.
- Order and assemble company marketing materials.
- Send communication (“thank you notes”, referral gifts, etc.) accordingly.
- Review upcoming Daily/Weekly schedule with Directors.
- Participates in staff meetings, as needed.
- Ensures company’s public image is consistent and in keeping with branding.
- Marketing assistance, (Social Media, Events, etc).
- Process and prepare Accounts Receivables for directors. For Accounts Receivables, reach out to clients to ensure timely payment.
- Maintains clean desk and work environment policy.
- Daily: run errands, order and pickup lunch for teams.
· Excellent organizational and time managementskills;
· Self-starter who works well with minimalsupervision;
· Is coachable and has a positive attitude.
· Works well under pressure;
· Can multitask in a professional setting;
· Good written and spoken communication;
· Must be very professional, extremely organizedand punctual;
· Proficient using a IOS, Windows, MS Office Suite,and G-Suites;
· Experience working in an educational institutiona plus;
· Have excellent business etiquette and follow upprocedures;
· Be detail oriented and able to prioritize tasksto fit deadlines;
· Tact and discretion for dealing withconfidential information;
· A calm and professional manner;
· Live near Lewisville/Carrollton, Texaspreferred; and
· Ableto work on a fast-paced environment methodically