Essay Specialist Application
Vanguard College Prep is looking for Essay Specialists who can assist high schoolers in the essay component of their college and scholarship applications. A large part of this position is helping students find their voice and guiding them in articulating their achievements and experiences into well-organized essays.
A perk of the position is that it can be worked remotely from the comforts of your own home, or study room, as long as you have internet.
Although the ideal candidate will be an experienced writer, Vanguard will provide the necessary on-the-job training to get the new team member acclimated with our processes. The prospective applicant must have a penchant for words and a love of helping others. The ability to listen, communicate as well as remain organized are a must.
- Part-Time position only.
- Will work on-site or remotely with students in a one-on-one session to guide them on their college and/or scholarship applications.
- Each 1 hour long session is dedicated to either brainstorming, developing, editing, and mentoring students through the essay process.
- Log the stage and progress of the essay in online platform for review.
- Submit drafts to directors for review and final approval.
- Bachelor’s Degree or near graduation required
- A desire to help students learn, succeed, and reach their fullest potential
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking
- Ability to multi-task in a high-pressure, fast-paced work environment
- Strong critical thinking and assessment skills
- Ability to work remotely and proficiently via video conferencing platforms
- Fun and outgoing personality
Additional Qualifications Appreciated:
- Major in English, Language Arts, Journalism, Communication
- Experience in college preparation service industry and college admissions.
- Graduated from a Top 30 US University